I'm almost there. The last few shoots have been edited, my final student of the week finished her lesson forty-five minutes ago. A week's vacation is so close I can reach out my hand and touch it...almost.
You'd think that after two quiet months of only part-time work, I wouldn't get this excited about vacation. But...
1. My sister Giedre and her husband are driving down from Chicago to visit MEEE! oh yes, and Drew. I am so freakin' excited I can hardly stand it! Sure, we've spent Christmases together at my parents', but this time, it'll be the four of us, hanging at our new house and I. can't. wait. According to my sister, the next four days will consist of good food, good drinks, lazing about, and one epic shopping trip. That sound absolutely perfect to me. Bring it!
2. Mid-week, Giedre and her hubs will take off to spend Thanksgiving with his family and my family will roll in: brothers, sister, parents, and Marmaduke (a Westie/Poodle mix who is not anywhere near as big as his name would suggest). It'll be one big loud happy smorgasbord of people and it will be awesome!
3. This is the first time that I'm (sorta) in charge of Thanksgiving dinner. Does it count if your mom is in the house and will totally help with all food prep, meanwhile sprinkling the entire day with helpful hints? Maybe not. Oh well. Thanksgiving dinner will be taking place at our house + on our red dining room table, so that's got to count for something!
4. I've been working a lot lately. Seriously, I went from 0-60 in what felt like a week. One day I was doing DIY projects, the next I was teaching lessons, accepting a new job, and photographing/editing like crazy (this has been the fall of the photo shoots -- I've never had this many before. It's been great, but crazycrazycrazy busy!).
5. Did I mention the epic shopping trip my sister and I are planning? That means new clothes, lots of girly convos, caffeinated beverages, more shopping, and maybe, if I stumble upon the right pair, a new pair of shoes (because c'mon, what shopping trip is complete without a new pair of shoes?!}.
6. And then there's the duh reason...it's a WEEK OFF. 'nuf said.
Six reasons for being excited about a vacay sounds pretty perfect. Plus, the only thing that stands between me and the week-long vacation is this blog post, so...